IDP (In-Development Project) 2024 Project Submission
The Hong Kong - Asia Financing Forum (HAF) is recognized as one of the most important film financing platforms in Asia with many projects successfully completed and exhibited. HAF22 will take place from 11 - 13 March 2024, in conjunction with the Hong Kong International Film & TV Market (FILMART) in Hong Kong. The selected IDP projects will be invited to meet with investors and film company representatives, and to compete for cash and in-kind awards.
HAF22 will accept application from 04 September to 31 October 2023. Applications on or before 03 October can enjoy early bird discount. New directors* can also enjoy special rate.
*"New Director" means a director who has no directorial feature or documentary film project (running time 60 minutes or longer) that has been commercially released in any country/region.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Around 25 to 30 film projects are selected annually to participate in IDP. Representatives of the selected projects will be invited to Hong Kong to attend the three-day film financing forum. Selected IDP projects will be eligible to compete for a number of awards, subject to the criteria and regulations of each award.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
The applicant MUST be the copyright owner of the submitted material, or is authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner of the submitted material.
- Full-length (running time 60 minutes or longer) fictional feature film project with a director, producer and a production company attached;
- With a proposed budget and not fully financed;
- Display a high market potential for Asian and/or international market;
- Exhibit both artistic and commercial qualities;
- At any stage of production;
- Priority will be given to projects that have not been participated in any other project markets.
- A completed online project submission form;
- One-sentence synopsis (30 words in English; 60 words in Chinese);
- Synopsis (100 words in English; 150 words in Chinese);
- Director's statement (100 words in English; 150 words in Chinese);
- Director's biography and filmography (100 words in English; 150 words in Chinese);
- Producer's biography and filmography (100 words in English; 150 words in Chinese);
- Production company profile (100 words in English; 150 words in Chinese);
- Treatment (1,000 words in English; 2,000 words in Chinese);
- Budget plan (template);and
- Submission fee.
- Teaser image/ Project poster image (2 files max., size limit 500kb each);
- Director's previous work, rough cut video or footage of project (HAF only accepts video clips available on online streaming platforms. Please include up to two links to your video in the submission form. The link(s) has to be valid until 31 January 2024. Please provide the password if the link(s) is protected) ; and
- Full script (in electronic format ONLY).
Privileges and Conditions:
- For selected HAF non-Hong Kong projects, HAF will arrange travel (from/to Country of Residence) and accommodation for the representative(s) who do(es) not reside in Hong Kong. Details will be provided to the representative(s) in due course. HKIFFS reserves the right to final decision.
- At least one representative of each selected project is required to attend all meetings and events organised by HAF.
- All submissions and supporting materials shall comply with the above eligibility and selection criteria.
- One submission form is for one project submission only.
- Submission fee is applied to each application and is non-refundable.
- For Chinese-language project submissions, all supporting materials must be submitted in both English and Chinese.
- All submissions must adhere to entry character limits.
- Unpaid submissions or submissions missing any required materials will not be processed.
- Materials and information supplied will be treated as confidential and will be used by Hong Kong International Film Festival Society (HKIFFS), their affiliates or designated personnel only.
- All materials submitted will not be returned.
- Please specify in the project submission form if the project has been/ will be presented in other project markets.
- Selected IDP Projects will be notified individually by early February 2024.
- Decisions of HKIFFS are final.
Please send email at email@example.com for further enquiry.