Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Applications should meet the following selection criteria:
1. The applicant MUST be the copyright owner of the submitted materials, or is authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner of the submitted materials;
2. Full-length (running time 60 minutes or longer) feature film project with a director, producer, scriptwriter and a production company attached;
3. Director of the project has directed no more than 2 full-length (running time 60 minutes or longer) feature film;
4. With a proposed budget;
5. Display a high market potential for Asian and/or international market;
6. Exhibit both artistic and commercial qualities; and
7. At pre-production or early-production stage.
1. A completed online Project Submission Form (https://filmlab.hafapplication.com);
2. One-sentence synopsis (30 words in English; 60 words in Chinese);
3. Synopsis (100 words in English; 150 words in Chinese);
4. Director's Statement (100 words in English; 150 words in Chinese);
5. Director's Biography and Filmography (100 words in English; 150 words in Chinese);
6. Producer's Biography (100 words in English; 150 words in Chinese);
7. Scriptwriter’s Biography (100 words in English; 150 words in Chinese);
8. Production company profile (100 words in English; 150 words in Chinese);
9. Treatment (1000 words in English; 2000 words in Chinese);
10. Budget Plan (Please refer to the template);
11. Full Script in CHINESE (in electronic format ONLY); and
12. Submission fee.
1. Director's previous work (HAF only accepts video clips available on online streaming platforms. Please include up to two links to your video in the submission form. The link(s) has to be valid until 30 September 2023. Please provide the password if the link(s) is protected);
2. Photos of Director, Producer and Scriptwriter (File size should be between 1MB to 3MB); and
3. Teaser Key image/ Project poster image (File size should be between 1MB to 3MB, with a portrait and a landscape version).
1. For selected non-Hong Kong projects, HAF will provide transportation and accommodation for the representative(s) who do(es) not reside in Hong Kong. HKIFFS reserves the right to final decision; and
2. Director, producer and scriptwriter will be invited to the Film Lab.
1. All submissions and supporting materials shall comply with the above eligibility and selection criteria;
2. One submission form is for one project submission only;
3. Submission fee is applied to each application and is non-refundable;
4. All submissions and supporting materials must be in both English and Chinese;
5. All submissions must adhere to entry character limits;
6. Unpaid submissions or submissions missing any required materials will not be processed;
7. Materials and information supplied will be treated as confidential and will be used by Hong Kong International Film Festival Society (HKIFFS), their affiliates or designated personnel only;
8. All materials submitted will not be returned;
9. Selected projects will be notified individually by mid July 2023; and
10. Decisions of HKIFFS are final.
Please contact the HAF Secretariat by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.